If you try to log into your SAP system and you see the message ‘Logon not possible (Error in license check)‘, it means that your SAP system does not contain the most current license.
If you are using SAP Netweaver Trial System, SAP offers free access to the system for 3 months. After this period of time, you must renew the license for the next 3 months (and repeat this procedure each quarter).
In this article you will find out, how you do it in 12 steps.
1. Login under “SAP*” administration user. (if you’re using our Fully Pre-Installed Local SAP System use this password “Down1oad“)
2. Go to “SLICENSE” transaction.
3. Get “Hardware key”.
In this transaction you see your expired license. You will need “hardware key” to get your license prolonged.
4. Go to SAP portal form to ask to prolong the license (https://go.support.sap.com/minisap/)
5. Find the system name, which you are going to get the prolonged license (in case -that you have bought SAP system from ABAP Academy- use ‘NPL’ for your SAP NW Trial system)
6. Then scroll down to find additional data to fill out.
Fill in all the required fields (in order to ask for license, you need to have you SCN user registered)
7. Hit “Generate”.
8. Right after generating the license file, your browser starts to download the license file.
Check your Downloads folder on your machine or check downloads part of your browser.
Download license file (“NPL.txt” file)
Notice: This is how the file looks like and will solve our problem with Logon not possible (Error in license check) error
9. Go to “SLICENSE”, choose the old installation and remove the old license (Edit -> Delete License or press Shift+F2)
.. and press “OK” button ..
10. Install new license (Edit -> Install License or press F6)
11. Choose the license file and press “Open”
12. And new prolonged license is successfully installed
Now if you try to login to the SAP system again, “Logon not possible (Error in license check)” should no longer be displayed.